Soft terrain tire for front or rear. Ramped knob design lower rolling resistance. Grooved center provides straight-line...
Fast Twitch MTB Time Trial
Altitude (max): 3528 ft. / 1075.37 m
Altitude (min): 3386 ft. / 1032.11 m
Elevation Gain: 547 ft. / 166.789 m
Elevation Loss: -546 ft. / -166.309 m
Time yourself on an MTB loop at MERA that requires a bit more fitness and technical skill than the MERA Hot Lap. This clockwise loop starts at the south entrance to the Fast Twitch Trail and winds up the mountain, traverses, and then winds down to connect to the lower trail for a dash back to the start/finish line. If you do this loop with a timer running, you are required to post your time. The course is not currently flagged, but is fairly straightforward to follow.
- Start: At the beginning of the southern entrance to Fast Twitch, marked by a fast twitch sign and a red flag.
- Crisscross up the hill and work your way over to connect with another trail coming down from the road. Turn right on this trail and keep climbing.
- After 2 switchbacks, continue straight where the trail splits at the next switchback. If you come up to the road, you missed the turn.
- The trail works it way over to the Igo Rd. extension and crosses it for some fun on the other side (near Skills Trail).
- The trail comes back to the Igo Rd, where you turn left for a few feet and then right back onto the trail.
- Shortly you will come to an intersection that is the beginning of the north entrance to Fast Twitch. Take a right at this intersection and high tail it back to where you started.
- Stop: Stop the timer when you get back to where you started.