Hour of Faith Course
By Brian Sather — updated Tue, 7/12/2011 - 9:26 PM, created Sun, 7/10/2011 - 7:11 PM
Bring your road bike and your courage. This ride is for (somewhat) experienced riders. The agenda
- Roll out from La Grande Ride Headquarters on Albany St. at 6:30 am.
- Roll south down 21st St and then past Bi-mart on 20th.
- Cross Gekeler and hit the short climb up the cemetery full throttle (big chainring only).
- Cruise down the hill and roll west on Gekeler.
- Turn left on 12th St and full throttle to the top of the pavement
- Cruise down and turn left on Gekeler, then right on 2nd street and roll easy for a while.
- After the stop sign at X St, open up in a paceline all the way through Blackhawk Trail Lane.
- Left turn on Spruce St. and roll for a few hundred yards. Open up the paceline again at the creek crossing bridge and maintain max speed until Hunter.
- Roll easy south on Hunter through Island City.
- Right turn on Cove Ave., and open up the paceline again, right turn on Walton Road, Left turn onto Mulholland (careful!) and the open into a sprint that finishes at the end of the fence.
- Roll easy back to the shop for a tea break.