Small enough to fit in your shirt pocket, yet opens to a full 56"x 84" size. Windproof, waterproof and flexible to -60ø....
Nordic Skiing in Northeast Oregon
There are quite a few cross country ski areas in Northeast Oregon. A few are actively groomed, some are not maintained but used often, and there are some areas with history and some old trail signs but rarely get used (or even heard of). Here is a short breakdown of some known areas:
- Anthony Lakes: Groomed for skate skiing and classic. Requires a pass from the ski area. There is a Nordic Lodge and a SnoPark Pass is also required.
- Meacham Divide: Sometimes groomed and maintained by the Blue Mountain Nordic Club. It is a short drive from I-84 on a plowed logging road.
- Andies Prairie: Horseshoe Prairie is the main area for non-motorized use across the highway. Cross country skiers use this quite often, leaving tracks for classic skiing. It is not groomed.
- Spout Springs: There are some trails to the northwest of the ski area, not too far from the highway. There are some trails also advertised by the ski area, which require a pass. A SnoPark permit is required a the parking area.
- Woodland SnoPark: Not too far up the snowmobile trail across the highway from the SnoPark, there are some old cross country ski trails on the other side of Balloon Tree Rd. These are White Stag Meadow and Rim Rock? These do connect over to Spout Springs Ski Area. They are on the back side of the ski area.
- Catherine Creek Summit: To the west of the parking area there are some trails that aren't that well known.
- Phillips Lake: The South Side of the dam has some entry points for non groomed trails.
Below, there are some featured trails from the list above that have been tracked, with more to come later.